Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

We are in an exciting time in the ministry...we have been on the front lines for the last 9 years and have seen God do amazing thing - the most exciting is the many lives and families transformed by Jesus. 

As our sphere of influence continues to expand beyond the streets in our community to other areas of Los Angeles, other surrounding cities and beyond we are growing in our ability to hand-off and empower others to “go” and take on greater ownership and responsibility of their ministry and church.

What God is doing…
  •         New small groups are popping up
  •         We are seeing an increase in first time guests in our church
  •         There is a greater interest in evangelism and church planting
  •         Vision and faith for a greater impact beyond our community is growing
  •         New ministries are being formed
  •         The church is working as a team
  •         The youth are getting more involved in the day to day activities and ministry of the church



UPDATES
There is so much to tell, but we’ll just share a bit of what happened this last week where we celebrated mother’s and the youth led the Sunday service.

Pampering Mom’s – Annual Mother’s Day Celebration
Over 30 women came out to be pampered with great food, special gifts, a photo booth, manicures and makeovers. Their children were cared for – making special Mother’s Day crafts, playing and having lunch on their own. Fabiola gave a moving message on motherhood bring both laughter and tears.
More than half of the women were invited guests. Many either came back for the Sunday service or have jumped into a small group meeting at the houses of one of the ladies who invited them.

Youth-Led Sunday Service
Amazing! Literally everything from creating the bulletin and being greeters to ushering and leading worship – even the cleaning of the building afterwards was led by the youth. We were all moved and encouraged by the powerful words given by the students. Instead of 1 message – we had 4 short messages, each on a different woman of the Bible. The service was really honoring to all the mother’s, but really powerful to see the youth using their gifts to bless the whole church. The time preparing for this service was invaluable because it gave us and the youth leaders innumerable opportunities to come alongside and really guide and work with each student in the area they were serving. We now have several new children’s ministry volunteers and 3 new people to help run the media.


Rebecca (standing in front right) and some of her friends at winter camp.

Our oldest child, Rebecca is finishing up her 7th grade year and has some great news and an opportunity to share with you:

Hello, my name is Rebecca Wolyn and I am part of a leadership development program at my school and we are working on developing different areas of our leadership abilities. A couple of the things I am working on is growing in confidence and in speaking in front of others. Only 6 students from my school were selected to participate in this program. A really cool part of this program is that this summer I will be attending a trip to Washington DC. We will be flying to Washington DC and also visiting New York City and Philadelphia. While on this trip I will continue to be given tasks from planning to leading different parts of the trip to help develop me more as a leader. My hope is that I will then be able to help and lead others better. Me being a pastor’s daughter, I’ve always wanted to have an opportunity like this to be able to bring up my leadership skills and to become a leader at my church and school.

One thing you could do for me is to pray for me so that I can learn a lot of things in this program. You could also pray that I would be safe on my trip and that I’d be able to excel in what I do and become a better leader. I leave on Wednesday, June 20th and return on Thursday, June 28th.

My goal for this trip is to raise $525 and it would be more than amazing if you could help me reach my goal. I would truly love it if you could give anything. Can you help me out by supporting me with a gift that will help support me as I take this next step towards my goal of becoming a stronger leader?

Thank you! God bless.






If you would like to give to help Rebecca with this amazing opportunity, please send you checks through our normal missionary support:

Please make check payable to “World Impact” and
designate “Rebecca Wolyn, DC Leadership” on the memo

Send to:
World Impact
2001 S. Vermont Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90007

OR

You may also GIVE ONLINE HERE.

Also, if you are planning on praying for her I’m sure it would bless her to get a little note or know who is lifting her up through the end of her school year and into this trip. You can mail her directly at:

Rebecca Wolyn
2001 S. Vermont Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90007

or I can print out any emails you want to send to her at heart4thecity@gmail.com
Thanks!

Upcoming Events please be in prayer…
·        Evangel Church Planting School (May 31-June 2) – We are hoping for over 20 new church plant teams to come through our school…several of which we will be personally coaching throughout the planting process over the course of the year.
·        Men’s outreach and family picnic (Father’s Day celebration) (June 16)
·        Rebecca’s Leadership Trip to East Coast  (June 20-28)  see above letter from Rebecca
·        Youth Camping Trip (June 22-23)
·        Summer Camps for grades 1-3, 4-6, 7-12 (July 1-6, July 17-20, July 29-Aug 3)
·        LA Mission Trip (July 12-18)


Thank you for lifting us up in prayer. We need it! It is always a blessing to hear from you – we do pray for you as well. As you move into summer may God continue to be your light, your refreshment and your joy.

Blessings!

Chad, Fabiola, Rebecca, Justice and Beniah







No comments:

Post a Comment