We have been called to make disciples and our family specifically knows that for us that means planting churches and training leaders.
· Alex and Griselda participated in our special Good Friday service – sharing a devotional reflection and prayer about one of the last seven phrases Jesus spoke before
being crucified. (pictured above - Alex and below - Griselda)
· Graciela and Merced came up with the idea to put on a drama. They wrote it, made the scenery and the costumes and directed it. (see pictures above and below)
· During the outreach in the park Faustina, Griselda, Graciela and others preached the gospel and invited the families out to our church.
· Everyone else was a teacher, teacher’s assistant, participated in the drama, ushered, helped make and serve food, set-up, tear down, etc.
People are being empowered to follow and serve God. The fact that we as a church have been very busy and involved this month is not the reason we think this empowerment is taking place, but it is some of the fruit. We see people taking initiative. They are not just being stuffed with knowledge, but being changed. Brought from one place and led to another. They are taking ownership and beginning to lead and initiate aspects of ministry. They are being equipped for ministry; and we rejoice because there is a lot of harvest that still needs to be brought in and our personal reach isn’t big enough!
Easter Week Highlights
Ø We had a powerful and productive week of ministry in the park with over 160 kids coming out allowing us to make really great connections with the families.
Ministry at the park! Pictured above (above): (1) Children from 3-13 joined us for four days as we sang about Jesus (with hand motions of course), taught about Jesus, did crafts and played games related to the lessons and really got to know and love these children and their families.
(2) Notice the police car in the picture on the right – while we were teaching and playing games with the kids some of our homeless ‘friends’ were busted for alcohol and drug use…never a dull day!
(3) Children engage in the worship with a powerful message. Many families we have visited have said their kids are still singing the songs. (4) Families of all ages came and stayed throughout the event giving us great opportunities to dialgoue and connect.
stations such as crafts, games and story time. (6) The check-in booth served as a great place to initially connect with families and share about the various ministries and services of our church as well as receiving prayer requests.
(7) Story time in the foreground and crafts in the background.
(8) Student memorized verses every day and also got a snack. Food for their spirit and their bodies!
(9) Above several of the ladies from our church sit with other mothers and get to know them, while our youth walked around and handed out fliers about the upcoming church activities. (10) We served a hearty lunch after the last day. Families lingered for about an hour after the normal end time and we again made deeper connections and relationships.
Ø The Kings Academy High School came and built a brand new play structure for our church as part of their mission trip service project.
Before and after pictures of our front yard play structure. When we moved here almost three years ago we bought a small plastic slide and playground, but with so much use from the church kids it was barely holding together (with ropes and duct tape). Now we have a bigger slide and huge structure to accommodate the many children and hopefully attract even more.
Ø Easter Sunday we had some 35 children/babies, and 10 adult visitors.
Ø So many of the activities and flow of the day was planned and put on by our church members.
Ø The following Wednesday we had 2 first time visitors.
Ø Kevin, one of our youth, was baptized on Easter Sunday (his family did not come out to support him, but the body of Christ – his new family – really supported him in a big way). He was still glowing and encouraging others in the youth group who haven’t yet been baptized to take the step of obedience the following Tuesday and Wednesday when we saw him again.
Pictured above: We squeezed people in our small ‘drive-way’ sanctuary where we normally hold our Sunday services and then (below) opened up an extra ‘wing’ for over-flow.
Pictured below: Our children’s class on Easter Sunday was just about at capacity. Many of the children came as a result of our ministry outreach in the park mentioned earlier…and got to hear the Good News of Jesus conquering death again. (They loved having the playground to play on too!)
Please Pray with Us…..
ü Follow-up and Fruit that will Remain
After such a fruitful and blessed month we know that Satan will try to destroy and disrupt everything. We ask for prayer that all the new families that we met at the park and the many that came to our church services would integrate into the spiritual family and commit themselves wholeheartedly to the Lord. We commit to continue visiting and calling families we have met and ask for your prayers to help make those visits more fruitful.
ü Day of Prayer & Fasting Friday, May 4th
We will be hosting an all day time of prayer and fasting at our home – it would be wonderful if you
could join us long-distance by setting that day apart in some way to pray for the ministry here.
We will be teaching an all day conference on the core teachings of Christianity. It is easy for new believers to be confused and led astray from their faith – we want to help establish their roots in the
Word of God. We will address the false teachings of the Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons. This conference will help people understand more about what it is they say they believe while giving them a deeper heart and urgency and some tools to share and defend their faith. Let’s intercede together for the people God wants to be there present and that the teaching would go deep into their hearts leading to many lives solidified and saved over the next months following this conference.
ü Fabiola’s Birthday Party Outreach Saturday, April 28th
Fabiola is turning 30! (April 26th)
There has been a lot of time and energy poured into this event!
Our son, Justice (4) & one of his best buddies, Isaac, from pre-school at a play date. They share the love of cars together – and now Justice wants Isaac to know about Jesus too.
Let’s join Justice and pray for Isaac.
How refreshing to have your prayers and support.
Thank you – really – thank you!
Chad & Fabiola