Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

More Than A Better Life

Raphael approached me after one of our mid-week Bible studies and shared how various people he was connected to were trying to pull him back into his old sinful lifestyle. “But I just don’t listen to them,” he said. “This is my church. I want to follow God.”

He continued, “I want my family to know God. My children come home and worship Jesus now. My youngest will turn the trash bin over and sit on it like the [cajon] drum we have at church. We have also removed all alcohol from our house and life. I haven’t had a headache or felt sick in a long time. My friends still invite me to come over and have a few beers (which always turns into a lot more), but I see things so differently now. Before I thought it was cool and fun, but now I understand how foolish it is. I would rather worship God – and I don’t spend the night throwing up and wake up with those horrible headaches. My friends seem so blind, yet I was there with them just a year ago.”

Raphael then concluded, “Thank you for being patient with me and my family and helping us out. I appreciate all that you do and how hard you work. I want to keep learning more and help my family and others have a better life and be involved always in the church.”

The next week Raphael opened his home up inviting his neighbors and the whole church to have a ‘party’….really it was a celebration service. He put together a time of prayer and fellowship – it wasn’t a birthday party and there was no real reason apart from having us come together in a time of thanksgiving and praise to God. A place where people could come over and see what Raphael has seen and find what he has found in Jesus Christ – life and a reason to celebrate. We had a powerful time praying for and encouraging one lady whose husband is still very stuck in a life of drugs and alcohol. 

One way you can celebrate with us this Christmas season is thank God for the favor, blessing, guidance and fruit he has given us this year. Please continue to lift Raphael and his family before the Lord. We can see how God desires to use their family to bring many more people to know Him.  One of Raphael’s children recently shared in Sunday school that his dream was to be a pastor when he grows up. Let’s pray guidance and protection over the whole family!

This Christmas season we also wanted to give you an opportunity to help this ministry end the year strong by giving a gift (financial or actual item). We have dipped about 10% below our needed support level in the last quarter so support for our family would be appreciated. There are also some great ways to get involved with specific items that will help us as we evangelize the lost, train-up emerging indigenous leaders and plant churches that reproduce. 

Here is a list of a few ideas of how you can help: 
  • Scholarship for youth winter camp ($95/person). The camp takes place in January 2015.
  • Scholarship for leadership interns ($15/month or $180/year)
  • Craft Supplies for our children’s ministry (construction paper, beads, foam shapes, pipe cleaners, etc.)
  • DVDs (appropriate for children or toddlers in English or Christian movies with Spanish dub.)
  • Music (Christian music English or Spanish)
  • Wireless microphone system


May God be your reason for celebration this month! Merry Christmas and God’s greatest gift of love to you,


Chad, Fabiola, Rebecca, Justice and Beniah 

No comments:

Post a Comment