Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

An Uprising Against the Disorder

Recently in a mid-week Bible study we were studying sin and salvation, especially grace through faith and ended by writing out and sharing our own story of salvation. We would like to summarize two of these testimonies: 

(1)   I lived in darkness. I was depressed.  I had a lot of sin and rebellion in my life. I was hurting myself and those around me. Then, I was invited to church. During the service I was delivered and healed from the inside out.  Later, when I slipped-up and started drifting away from God you guys (she was talking about us) and my son (he became an active part of our church as well) came and prayed for me and spoke life into me.  That is what brought me back – you helped me connect once again with God. Now, when I walk down the street people say I look so different.  I feel lighter and want to share this with everyone. I have hope for my family. I know God and love Him; Jesus is my Lord and I know the Holy Spirit is in my life at all times.  


(2)   I was wandering without purpose. I lived just to live. I did not know anything about God or want to know anything about God.  But one day Fabiola invited me to her house and shared with me about Jesus. I began to come to church and gave my life to Jesus. My life now has direction and purpose. I have vision for my life and the lives of my children and many others. I am thankful for so many things – things that I recognize God has given me and done for me. I could not see all of this before, but now it is so clear to me. I am full of peace and life.  Jesus is my Lord and I am his daughter not because of what I have done, but because of what He did for me. 

It is so exciting to hear these testimonies and a great honor and privilege to be a part of these women coming out of the darkness into the light.  There are nine people between the two ladies in their immediate family – all being powerfully and eternally impacted by Jesus in their lives. Both of them serve faithfully and share their story with others. “To clasp the hands in prayer is the beginning of an uprising against the disorder of the world” (Karl Barth).  Pray with us that their testimony will help draw other people to experience and know Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior and disrupt the corruption, deception and pain that so many are experiencing. 

Would you also pray with us for our baby BOY due in March!?! The doctors are saying that there are potential health concerns with the baby. We ask you to stand with us in prayer for a healthy mommy and healthy baby.

Lastly, we want to thank you so much for your prayers and financial gifts over the last several months.  Due to a great response at the end of the year with special gifts we are starting the year fully funded.  We rejoice in God’s provision through so many people that enables us to press into what God has for us in this new year.

This year we pray that you would experience a closeness to God greater than ever before,

Chad, Fabiola, Rebecca, Justice and baby boy

No comments:

Post a Comment